Thank you for your interest in joining the Havanese Club of America (HCA). We encourage you to read the Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Ethics, which are available on this website. They explain the purpose of the HCA and outline eligibility requirements to apply for membership which are summarized below:
You must own or co-own at least one registered Havanese.
You must be in good standing with The American Kennel Club.
You must subscribe to the HCA objectives:
- to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Havanese and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection
- to encourage the organization of independent local Havanese Specialty Clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of The American Kennel Club
- to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by The American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Havanese shall be judged
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience trials and tracking tests, and other events for which the club is eligible under the Rules and Regulations of the American Kennel Club
- to conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, obedience, rally and agility trials, tracking tests, and other events in which Havanese are eligible to compete under the rules of The American Kennel Club
You must agree to abide by the HCA Constitution and By-Laws & Code of Ethics.
You must be endorsed by two HCA members in good standing who have been members for at least two years. These two endorsements may not come from the same household membership.
The HCA encourages all Havanese owners and fanciers to become involved with club activities, whether on local or national level. For many new owners, the best opportunity to learn more about the breed, to network with fellow Havanese owners and to participate in activities comes through affiliation with a local club. We invite you to visit the local club section of our website for more information.
Prior to becoming a member, you may consider:
- Contacting a Committee Chair to learn more about volunteer opportunities available.
- Support the HCA by attending the National Specialty and Local Club shows and events.
Click the link below for additional information
Membership Application Process & F A Q
Download the following information to apply for membership
For any questions contact the Membership Chairman